The Science Organizing Committee of the Adaptive
Optics for ELT third edition (AO4ELT3) is inviting the community to
submit original papers to be presented at the Conference and finally
published in the Conference Proceedings. The abstract of the paper
(max. 300 words) must be submitted before January 10th
2013 using the conference web site.
The accepted papers will be presented during the conference as either
oral or poster contribution. After the conference the authors will be
requested to present a written paper (10 pages max.) that will be
published in the Conference Proceedings.
are solicited in the following conference topics:
ELT astronomy with AO: scientific observations with ELTs and related
requirements for AO systems to achieve optimal science performance in
photometry, astrometry, planets detection etc. etc.;
AO systems for ELTs: status of current ELT AO systems projects;
- AO pathfinders & new ideas: on-sky AO systems,
including AO systems for solar observation, and laboratory test bench
results as pathfinders for the ELTs AO systems design. New concepts
having the potential to overcome the limitations of existing systems, in
order to increase the scientific impact of the future ELT’s;
- AO Numerical simulations and modeling;
- Laser Guide Star systems;
- System control & algorithms. Real time computing platforms for AO systems, control algorithms and wavefront retrieval;
- Atmospheric turbulence and AO disturbance: modeling
and characterization of atmospheric turbulence and AO disturbance
including sodium layer variability, wind buffeting, dome seeing etc.
- Data post processing and optimization: PSF reconstruction, image deconvolution and AO performance monitoring and optimization.